Created by MetalMusicMan. Please Tweet me with any requests or corrections. Follow @ultframedata if you just want UFD updates in your feed. Donations are appreciated but not needed. You can also buy a T-Shirt.
Data Sources: Zapp Branniglenn's Google Sheet, Smash Wiki, and Kurogane Hammer. Huge thanks to Drafix570, Gengar6tomo, and Meshima for this spreadsheet source where most of the active frames came from—and thanks to Yikarur for translating. Ledge Stats from Meshima. Hitbox images from Struggleton, Lattie, EyeDonuts, Invy, Foxyjoe, Plague von Karma, and Zeckemyro. Out of Shield options are from this Google Sheet. Dash Turnaround stats from Kazeh728. Landing frames from Simpleton. I farmed no data myself, so be sure to thank those folks for all their hard work!
Add to your phone's Home Screen!
Chrome / Android — tap "⋮" and select "Add to Home Screen"
Safari / IOS — tap the Share Icon and select "Add to Home Screen"
Download the FREE app for Android!
It costs $100 a year for the privilege to post an app on the Apple Store. A mac is required to make the app. RIP.
Frame Data Notes
- Shield Lag is just extra freeze frames that both the attacker and defender suffer, so it does not affect frame advantage. Shield Stun is the amount of frames that the defender is stuck after Shield Lag ends.
- Dropping your shield (Shield Drop) takes 11 frames
- Up B and Up Smash happen instantly out of shield and do not incur Shield Drop
- Jumping out of shield takes 3 frames and does not incur Shield Drop
- Grab after an attack hits your shield takes an additional 4 frames and does not incur Shield Drop
- About On Shield data: The +/- refers to who can act first after an attack hits a shield. Negative meaning the defender can act before the attacker. In most games, being negative means you can't apply pressure since the defending opponent would be able to act before you as the attacker. However, in Smash there is Shield Drop which takes 11 frames in Ultimate. So if all else was equal, you could be as disadvantaged as -11 on an attack and still be "neutral"...
HUGE EXCEPTION: Jump, Up B, and Up Smash out of shield ignore Shield Drop frames. So, since some characters have a 3 frame Up B, -3 would be unsafe against those characters. Aerials have 3 frames added to them because it takes 3 frames to leave the ground, so a 3 frame aerial would be 6 frames out of shield. Grabs used to happen instantly out of shield as well, but Ultimate added 4 frames to Grabs done after a hit connects with a shield. So a 6 frame grab would be 10 frames out of shield.
- On Shield advantage/disadvantage data assumes the move hits on its first Active Frame (hitting on a later active frame would be a meaty and can gain additional advantage relative to the later active frames). This includes projectiles which are active for a very long time and thus become much more advantaged the later they hit. Read more about meaties here!
- Stale Moves affect advantage/disadvantage and occur when hitting a character as well as when hitting a shield
Hitbox Image Notes
FOR COLORS — On the new images (the ones with the white hurtbox on the models and no yellow hitboxes):
- Red = strong
- Pink = weak
- Blue = wind
- Purple = Grab
- Blue hurtbox = intangible
- Green hurtbox = invincible
On the older hitboxes (the ones with yellow/blue/pink/etc hitboxes and NO hurtbox), the colors are mostly meaningless. These will be replaced eventually.
FOR ANGLES — 0 is horizontal, 90 is vertical. X is one of the autolinks. '+' is the sakurai angle. 270 is down. The regular lines indicate the angles like they are.