Data Sources: Zapp Branniglenn's Google Sheet, Smash Wiki, and Kurogane Hammer. Out of Shield options are from this Google Sheet. I farmed no data myself, so be sure to thank those folks for all their hard work!
It costs $100 a year for the privilege to post an app on the Apple Store. A mac is required to make the app. RIP.
Add to your phone's Home Screen!
Chrome / Android — tap "⋮" and select "Add to Home Screen"
Safari / IOS — tap the Share Icon and select "Add to Home Screen"
Frame Data Notes
- Dropping your shield (Shield Drop) takes 11 frames
- Up B and Up Smash happen instantly out of shield and do not incur Shield Drop
- Jumping out of shield takes 3 frames and does not incur Shield Drop
- Grab out of shield takes an additional 4 frames and does not incur Shield Drop
- About On Shield data: The +/- refers to who can act first after an attack hits a shield. Negative meaning the defender can act before the attacker. In most games, being negative means you can't apply pressure since the defending opponent would be able to act before you as the attacker. However, in Smash there is Shield Drop which takes 11 frames in Ultimate. So if all else was equal, you could be as disadvantaged as -11 on an attack and still be "neutral"...
HUGE EXCEPTION: Jump, Up B, and Up Smash out of shield ignore Shield Drop frames. So, since some characters have a 3 frame Up B, -3 would be unsafe against those characters. Aerials have +3 frames added to them because it takes 3 frames to leave the ground, so a 3 frame aerial would be 6 frames out of shield. Grabs used to happen instantly out of shield as well, but Ultimate added +4 frames to Grabs done after a hit connects with a shield. So a 6 frame grab would be 10 frames out of shield.
- On Shield advantage/disadvantage data assumes the move hits on its first Active Frame (hitting on a later active frame would be a meaty and can gain additional advantage relative to the later active frames). This includes projectiles which are active for a very long time and thus become much more advantaged the later they hit.
- Stale Moves affect advantage/disadvantage and occur when hitting a character as well as when hitting a shield
If you have a character-specific link that includes Active Frame data, please tweet it to me! So far I have added Active Frame data for:
- Dark Pit
- Dr. Mario
- Donkey Kong
- King K. Rool
- Meta Knight
- Piranha Plant
- Rosalina and Luma